International Investment Services (IIS) helps investment promotion and economic development agencies to attract European investment to their countries, states or cities. We are specialized in investment lead generation and inward investment attraction and provide a range of services designed to identify companies with real investment plans for the locations we represent. Find out more about our services here: iis-investment.com/
IIS is a joint venture with WAVTEQ, a leading foreign direct investment consulting and technology company and the world’s largest provider of investment lead generation services. IIS draws on the full range of WAVTEQ’s research capabilities and tools to support the identification of leads for our clients. Working with WAVTEQ’s offices around the world provides us a global reach and allows us to offer clients a seamless lead generation service covering Europe, North America and Asia.
We are looking for a Foreign Direct Investment Lead Generation Specialist to help deliver a growing number of new client projects.
• Work with our research team and use a range of intelligence sources to identify sectors and companies with the potential for international expansion.
• Identify the correct decision makers within individual target companies and determine the best approach for establishing contact with them.
• Contact decision makers in target companies to discuss their expansion plans and determine their interest in specific investment locations.
• Facilitate introductions between interested companies and our clients and actively support the initial stages of engagement with potential investors.
• For some projects, meet with and maintain contact with decision makers of individual companies directly on behalf of our clients.
• Create and maintain a pipeline of corporate contacts and develop a network of relevant intermediaries (e.g. industry associations) to support outreach work.
• Manage campaigns focused on clearly defined target groups (e.g. specific industry sectors or types of companies).
• Attend industry events and trade shows throughout Europe to establish a network and identify expanding companies.
• Initiate and organize promotional activities (e.g. seminars, roadshows) to further promote our clients’ locations and create opportunities for meeting companies with international investment plans.
• Work directly with clients and manage projects (or parts of projects) independently.
• Use IIS’ and/or our clients’ CRM systems to report on contract progress and manage projects effectively to ensure all contract deliverables are achieved.
Personal Attributes and Experience:
• At least three years of relevant experience in economic development, sales or business development.
• A practical understanding of international business and foreign direct investment.
• The ability to quickly comprehend different industries and the factors that drive the performance and investment behavior of companies in those industries.
• Confidence and experience in contacting and engaging with senior corporate decision makers in different industries and countries.
• The ability to make calls on a regular basis to establish contact with decision makers.
• Adept at using social media for business development and knowledge of e-marketing techniques.
• Flexibility, adaptability and aptitude for handling different projects simultaneously.
• Drive, motivation and willingness to work in a results-oriented environment with clear delivery objectives.
• The capacity for managing projects independently while working in a team environment.
• At ease working in an international setting and interacting with people from diverse cultures.
• Fluent in English and one other major European language (German, French, Spanish or Italian).
Location, remuneration and contact
The candidate will ideally be based in or willing to move to Berlin, where IIS is headquartered. However, we will also consider candidates based in other major European cities.
We offer extremely flexible working conditions, including the possibility of working part-time and/or from home. The position involves international travel.
The remuneration package is based on experience and will include a competitive salary and performance-related bonuses with significant opportunities for growth.
Please send your CV and cover letter including salary expectations to Andreas Dressler, Managing Director at email@example.com. Please do not call – we will respond to all applications in due time.
International Investment Services
Marburger Str. 5, 10789
T +49-176-7863 8217